If you are new to Slope, welcome to the blog! This is one of the coolest places to go on the Internet if you are a trader, and it has far and away the most active community of serious technical analysts and traders of any place on the web. Slope is known for its friendly, helpful community (affectionately known as “Slopers“), some of whom have been hanging out on Slope for years. Please jump right in and know this is a supportive and welcoming place. Being friendly is in the Slope DNA.
Here’s a quick video introduction to the blog to get you acquainted with the basics; please take a couple of minutes to watch it, since it will save you much time and puzzlement:
If you’re hitting the Slope home page for the first time, you may wonder what that signup screen is all about. It’s simple: we’d like you to be able to take full advantage of the blog’s features, and you need to take about seven seconds out of your busy day to do so: just enter your Display Name (which can be your real name or something you make up), your email, your password, and, if you like, some kind of picture or avatar. Don’t worry, there’s really nothing in it for us; we don’t sell your email or anything like that. Slope is simply more useful if you have an identity here, and it’s more fun for everyone if you participate in the community.
There are a lot of features on the site, but the heart of the site is the blog, which is right on the home page. Just scroll down, and you’ll see the entries, and click on the most recent one to see what folks are chatting about. Comments are located at the bottom of each post.
Tim Knight started this site way back in March of 2005, and it’s grown into one of the most widely-read trading blogs on the web. You’ll feel especially at home if you’ve got some bearish blood running through your veins, although that certainly isn’t required. Bulls are welcome, but bears usually get a better table.
I urge you to take a few minutes to acquaint yourself with the blog by reading about:
- Community and Comments – the discussion is the most important part of the blog. You don’t have to participate, although I hope eventually you do.
- A Match Made in Heaven – a clean, easy-to-understand overview of how Slope and SocialTrade interact
- SlopeCharts Quick Start – a video to acquaint you with SlopeCharts, the amazing (and free) charts specifically made for Slope of Hope.
- Twitter Feed – be sure to follow for up-to-the-second news and quips
- SocialTrade Bookmarklet – One of the many features of Slope is SocialTrade, which is an unparalleled library of technical analysis wisdom and examples. The bookmarklet allows you to contribute to SocialTrade swiftly and easily, so take a few moments to install it.
Again, welcome aboard, and if you want to get in touch with me, here’s my contact page.
– Tim Knight