Slope initially began as a blog, so this is where most of the website’s content resides. Here we have tens of thousands of posts dating back over a decade. These are listed in reverse chronological order. Click on any category icon below to see posts tagged with that particular subject, or click on a word in the category cloud on the right side of the screen for more specific choices.
• China is economically screwed up beyond belief.
• Xi realizes this (being the leader of financial reform in China).
• China’s economy is going to implode.
• Xi has to make sure he survives.
• Xi can’t reform the economy, so he’s prepared by purging the party of all opposition.
• Xi has anointed himself emperor so a future leader cannot scapegoat and execute him.
• Xi has to make sure the communist party survives.
• To maintain the imperial mandate of heaven, he has to unite the Chinese people around the Chinese Communist Party instead of having the people blame the CCP.
• Trump is perfect.
• Foreign aggressor.
• Plays on racial memories of the Boxer Rebellion and subjugation by the west.
• Incoherent trade war spun in the Chinese press as unfairly attacking China.
• Trump’s proposals won’t bring jobs back to the USA (as the factories will just move from China to other SE Asian manufacturing countries).
• China’s best way out of the financial implosion is rapid and drastic RMB devaluation. A trade war gives political justification for this.
• 40% minimum devaluation needed to save the Chinese financial system. SPX goes to 500.
• Trump gone at SPX’500. China can then negotiate with new American president. (more…)
Preface to all four parts: The new Slope of Hope has been in development for months, and we’re getting close to launch (for a sneak peek video, click here). This new site has cost a fortune, so I’m definitely in the mood to drum up subscriptions (I’ll mention the new site has quite a few PLUS-exclusive features). So I’m doing something I hardly ever do, which is offer a coupon to encourage people to sign up. As usual, to subscribe, just click here, and you can use the special coupon code newslopeto enjoy a $49.95 discount (which gets you a free month if you’re doing month-to-month or chops the same amount off the price of an annual). This weekend, I’ve busted my 72 positions into 4 equal videos, and 2 of those are PLUS only. So if you’ve ever thought about being a premium member, now’s a great opportunity! – – Tim(more…)