Slope of Hope Blog Posts
Slope initially began as a blog, so this is where most of the website’s content resides. Here we have tens of thousands of posts dating back over a decade. These are listed in reverse chronological order. Click on any category icon below to see posts tagged with that particular subject, or click on a word in the category cloud on the right side of the screen for more specific choices.
As I go through the site again and again (and again), I’m reminded there are some pages that probably none of you have ever bothered checking out. I’d therefore like to bring these “front and center” for once for the more curious among you (click on the name go to check it out):
- Culture of Slope: A series of fun videos I made around the time of the financial crisis about Slope, Slopers, and our culture.
- Earnings Date Charts: Those oh-so-spiffy charts that options traders in particular will enjoy.
- Prophet’s Tale: The story of my former company, Prophet, and its creation.
- SlopeCharts Video Tutorials: Some quick, fun, educational videos about using SlopeCharts effectively.
- Activity Page: Who needs the Facebook news feed? You’ve got Slope’s!
I’ve been kind of hung up on the price gap in oil at 73.25. Yesterday, as we had pushed close enough to that number for me to be satisfied, I did a post called “Close Enough“, where I specifically pointed to XOP and wrote “I suspect this one is going to suffer the quickest.” Here is XOP now, with an arrow marking the timestamp of yesterday’s post.
Sooooooooo……….I guess the Nobel Prize is going to wait, eh?
Anyway, it’s nice to wake up to a morning with so much red on the screen. The one huge exception is bonds, which are up over half a percent. I’m not worried, though. It’s all following a pattern. You can see the “big tops” (with little exploration zones, in grey) followed by a “V” shaped drop and retest. That’s all we are doing right now. We are in retest mode. I’m going to increase my January 2019 TLT puts this morning.