Preface to All Six Segments: At the end of each year, I take hours to go through the thousands of posts from the year to gather together what I consider the very best of them. I urge you to read them, since these are the best-of-the-best, and frankly I’m surprised not only how excellent they are but how amazing the predictions turned out to be. Slope truly is the greatest undiscovered gem on the Internet, and I’m glad you’re here to make it possible. Click on any title to read the accompanying post (those marked PREMIUM remain accessible strictly to Gold and Platinum members, God bless ’em).
- Remembrance of Things Pissed – The counter-trend rally I predicted came painfully true.
- The Third Rail – A long essay about race in America, which I sensibly put behind a paywall.
- Fear & Failure – The biggest fish that got away from me all year was real estate by way of IYR.
- Chamath Prodigy – Understanding the appeal of Chamath Palihapitiya is as difficult as spelling his name.
- Pains Thus Far Unfelt – The extensive repercussions of a bear market.
- PREMIUM: A Father-Son Chat – I share a lengthy note I composed for my beloved son.
- Same Street. Different $10 Million. – An update on the formerly-insanely-expensive homes near me.
- Remain/In/Light – An allegory on how I met my wife intermixed with Rolo the Dog.