Proposition: Snap, Inc. probably owns the world’s largest collection of child pornography.
(1) SnapChat has over 300,000,000 monthly users around the world;
(2) There are about a million photos and videos posted by Snap users every single day;
(3) About one-quarter of the user base is under 18 years old;
(4) As is well-known, a meaningful percentage of the images exchanged are of an erotic nature, since the entire product positioning is based upon the ephemeral nature of the posts (for the slower Slopers, that means the pictures vanish in ten seconds);
(5) However, the Snap servers DO retain these images;
(6) Thus, one could conclude with some degree of confidence that millions of nude photos of minors are stored on Snap servers,. in spite of them not being visible to the public, and over time, this sum would be in tens or hundreds of millions, if not more.
Quod erat demonstrandum.
Of course, if the nature of Snap is, shall we say, risque, one need look no farther than its CEO to figure out whence the corporate DNA hails.
I remain cheerfully short SNAP.