There is an important improvement to SlopeCharts I want to tell you about. To get started, here’s what SlopeCharts looked like until a few minutes ago:
And here is what it looks like now (tints added for clarity):
At first you might think, OK, big deal, you moved two things. But there’s a lot more to it than that, and a lot of thought went into about a dozen important changes.
Here are the highlights:
- The drawing tools are now in the lower-left in order to provide a lot more space for menus;
- We have expanded the quantity of menus from four to six;
- We have replaced the menu icons with raw text. I know the icons are cute and pretty, but frankly, I believe they just get in the way. Instead, I just want to know what is inside each menu. We’ve also slightly changed the colors for better readability;
- We have reorganized the contents within all of the menus so that features are more visible and accessible. This, above all, was my main motivation for these changes;
- I have consolidated all of the control icons into the lower left, so you can click the left and right arrows to navigate through them all:
I am extremely excited about these changes, particularly as they are right on the heels of our server upgrade (which is continuing to hold up rock solid, and super-fast). The addition of feature after feature in SlopeCharts had create a situation in which they were simply buried. Even I had forgotten about many of them!
With this new cleansing, clarification, and reorganization, I hope to expose more plainly all that SlopeCharts has to offer. Now on to the task of updating every shred of documentation we have, including the videos!