Well, surely you heard the news that Trump has ratcheted up the Chinese Trade War again:
Look, I’ve seen this movie before. I know how the story goes:
- Bears are about to lose hope since the market keeps going higher infinitely;
- Trump announces another salvo in the trade war;
- Market instantly plunges;
- Trump slips on a pink skirt and 38C bra and backpedals his threats;
- Market swiftly recovers to new lifetime highs.
Make no mistake, I’m short – – 54 positions – – and would love the market to fall 500 points every day until it was at 0 and every bull had committed a painful seppuku. Honest, I’d love that to pieces, since my hatred of bulls almost certainly exceeds that of Jews against Nazis, but I’m past hope at this point. It’s all a rigged game with no hope and no decency left. It will only end with apocalypse.
Expect Dow 30,000 in the morning. This is a sham, and I’m not getting hopeful anymore. Amazon with a p/e of 300 is just too damned CHEAP to pass up for John Q. Public, because he’s SO freakin’ smart.