Preface to all parts: 2018 was an extraordinary year for the Slope of Hope, now entering its 14th year in business. There were over 2,000 posts in 2018 alone, and I have extracted for you those I consider the best 1% which were not already included in my compendium Silicon Valley Babble On. For those who want to support the site, I encourage you to open up a brokerage account at tastyworks or subscribe to a Slope membership.
Here are the posts for this portion, in chronological order:
- Semiconductor Canary is Going to Croak in 2018 – how true this was!
- Hey, That’s SWELL! – introduction of the amazing SlopeCharts economic database
- Something I Learned – about what it means to have a sense of purpose
- Very Mixed Feelings – how I felt at the nadir of the January/February market drop, written pretty much before we reversed
- Ultimo Hombre – this was my first presentation of the then-unnamed Most Important Chart Ever (MICE) to my premium subscribers.
- Expiration Charts – the introduction of earnings-date charts.
- A Remarkable Similarity – analog between the 1920s and the present day.