I strongly suspect the notion offered in the chart below – – that stock markets go UP almost every time they go DOWN for a given year – – will be on people’s minds. And, ya know what, I don’t necessarily dispute this. What I believe firmly, however, is that we WILL take out the lows from last year, and by quite a lot. Where we end up on December 31, 2023 doesn’t really concern me.
Slope of Hope Blog Posts
Slope initially began as a blog, so this is where most of the website’s content resides. Here we have tens of thousands of posts dating back over a decade. These are listed in reverse chronological order. Click on any category icon below to see posts tagged with that particular subject, or click on a word in the category cloud on the right side of the screen for more specific choices.
Preface to All Six Segments: At the end of each year, I take hours to go through the thousands of posts from the year to gather together what I consider the very best of them. I urge you to read them, since these are the best-of-the-best, and frankly I’m surprised not only how excellent they are but how amazing the predictions turned out to be. Slope truly is the greatest undiscovered gem on the Internet, and I’m glad you’re here to make it possible. Click on any title to read the accompanying post.
- Metadeath– Facebook gets utterly destroyed.
- Don’t Show This to Elon– An analysis showing how vastly Elon overpaid for Twitter.
- Pre-Sentence Memorandum– A deep dive into the sentencing of Elizabeth Holmes
- 2022’s Big Lesson– I finally realize that hanging on to puts when the VIX is in the 30s is dumb.
- Twelve Inch Rules– I dig deep and uncover what I consider to be actually useful trading rules
- Max Klinger– The completely freaky Sam Brinton (who was fired a day or two after this post went up).
- I Was There– The comedy show with Rock and Chapelle sucked……..until Elon showed up.
- Oh, Gross…….. – If you need proof that the world is about to end, feast your eyes upon MILF Manor.
Thus begins the market of 2023 now that futures are open. I am delighted, because I am so, so, SO sick of the holiday season. I want to get back to work. (Of course, we have yet another holiday shoved into our faces in just two weeks, but there ya go). Anyway, the rally you are about to witness in equities is going to be as meaningful and long-lasting as New Year’s resolutions to lose weight and stop smoking. Things are going PRECISELY as I predicted they would. I look forward to Wednesday, when the real market returns.