Slope of Hope Blog Posts
Slope initially began as a blog, so this is where most of the website’s content resides. Here we have tens of thousands of posts dating back over a decade. These are listed in reverse chronological order. Click on any category icon below to see posts tagged with that particular subject, or click on a word in the category cloud on the right side of the screen for more specific choices.
This is mostly a comment cleaner, since the comments have gone berserk in the prior post. Anyway, it turns out the data on the daily bars for the ES were somewhat off. The range on the ES was actually tighter than I thought, and as of Sunday evening, we’ve slightly broken above the range. This is the far more accurate intraday chart of /ESU16
The Manufacturing PMI from China is coming out at 9 p.m. EST, so maybe that’ll move things in one direction or another. I’m going back to my screenplay now. My first draft is nearly complete!
Short sellers are often vilified by the mainstream media, CEO’s of publicly traded companies & many institutional money managers which are forced, by prospectus or other security selection parameters, to maintain only long-side exposure to the market.
I won’t go into all the benefits that short sellers provide, such as liquidity and sniffing out corporate malfeasance while the masses are content to turn a blind eye as long as a stock is in a bull trend, other than to mention that short sellers, at least when short interest is at normal or above average levels, often serve as a backstop in a stock or the broad market during selloffs as short sellers are the only guaranteed buyers in the market.
For our Sunday service, here are actual Bible quotes you should know and follow. The second one is my personal favorite.
- Duet 25:11 When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.
- Kings 2:23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you bald head! Go up, you bald head!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
- Deut. 23:1 No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose organ has been cut off may become a member of the Assembly of God.
- Leviticus 24:16 Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him, whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death.
- Ezekiel 23:19 Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.
Things are seldom what they seem,
Skim milk masquerades as cream;
Highlows pass as patent leathers;
Jackdaws strut in peacock’s feathers. – H.M.S. Pinafore
It turns out the Brexit was just about the worst thing that could have happened to the bears. On the night it happened, I was ecstatic. I thought, finally, “this is it” – – a real turning point. Nope! The bounce emboldened the bulls, and they have been slicing bear throats ever since.
Virtually every day has brought more disappointment. My “tripod” of 2016 – BULLISH bonds, BULLISH precious metals, BEARISH equities – has been pretty much “2 out of 3” all year. Bonds are at lifetime highs, gold and silver are strong, but equities………curse them…….keep lurching to levels never before seen in human history.