Preface to all parts: 2018 was an extraordinary year for the Slope of Hope, now entering its 14th year in business. There were over 2,000 posts in 2018 alone, and I have extracted for you those I consider the best 1% which were not already included in my compendium Silicon Valley Babble On. For those who want to support the site, I encourage you to open up a brokerage account at tastyworks or subscribe to a Slope membership.
Here are the posts for this portion, in chronological order:
- Hitler High – An amusing overreaction on the part of Palo Alto’s government
- Thirteen Inglorious Years – a celebration of Slope becoming a teenager
- Melt-Up Media Morons – an overview of the luminaries that warned of a “market melt-up” in 2018. Spoiler alert: it didn’t happen.
- Enchantment Awaits – the last gasp of overpriced homes in my area.
- The Ceaseless Ascent – my astonishment at a market that never, ever breaks (at least until October finally came along).
- The Old College Try – reflections on the college application process (I’ll mention here for the first time that we already received the best possible news in this respect, so it was worth it)
- What Support Means In Human Terms – defining from a real-world perspective those simple horizontal lines I’m always drawing
- Future Trend – perhaps the coolest new feature added all year
- Our Gang of Unfortunates – the sad tale of some little rascals.