Slope initially began as a blog, so this is where most of the website’s content resides. Here we have tens of thousands of posts dating back over a decade. These are listed in reverse chronological order. Click on any category icon below to see posts tagged with that particular subject, or click on a word in the category cloud on the right side of the screen for more specific choices.
Since a big theme of the China trade talks has been their brazen theft of our technology, I thought I’d share a little something I stumbled upon in Quora. The question being posed was: what was the most successful CIA operation? The answer is below, and I find it clever and amusing.
The 1982 gas pipeline explosion in Tobolsk.
The KGB was stealing western technology for years. So the CIA ‘allowed’ the Soviets to steal pipeline control software that ran the pumps, valves, etc of pipelines. The CIA had inserted a few lines of Trojan Horse code into the software first. The pipelines ran fine for about a year, then a huge explosion rocked Siberia, as pumps suddenly turned on to the highest pressures possible and electronic valves slammed shut.
I have been champing at the bit to show you this one, and I am delighted to let you know of yet another Slope innovation: Market Meter.
Market Meter provides a new way to see how “hot” or “cold” a particular financial instrument is. Typically a trader looks at such information in an instant, by way of a historical price chart. Market Meter adds dynamism to this analysis, since it illustrates over the amount of time you choose the “coldness” or “hotness” of a given ticker symbol.
Here are four stocks to watch with strong technical momentum fueled by earnings and other news.
Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. (AXSM) gained 39 cents to $19.54 on Tuesday on 1.4 million shares. The biotech company announced Monday that the FDA granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation for its therapy for major depressive disorder. The stock has been a huge climber this year, starting the year under $3. After flagging in the last week, it looks poised to continue the uptrend, with the next target towards the channel top near $24.
Money-losing unicorn UBER is said to come public on Friday. What an environment for that to happen. We’ve got (a) the most overinflated market in history; (b) the wrecking of the China deal (c) the total flophouse of the LYFT IPO. I guess they might as well find retail bagholders while they can. Anyway, LYFT is down nearly 40% from its IPO launch, and here’s some recent intraday action thanks to my beloved SlopeCharts:
Welcome to a new day of suspense. I was reading this article last night, and it suggested an 85% chance that the threat of big new tariffs was a total bluff. Indeed, the likelihood of the “risk off” kind of event that would thrill me is a mere 15%.