Preface to All Six Segments: At the end of each year, I take hours to go through the thousands of posts from the year to gather together what I consider the very best of them. I urge you to read them, since these are the best-of-the-best, and frankly I’m surprised not only how excellent they are but how amazing the predictions turned out to be. Slope truly is the greatest undiscovered gem on the Internet, and I’m glad you’re here to make it possible. Click on any title to read the accompanying post (those marked PREMIUM remain accessible strictly to Gold and Platinum members, God bless ’em).
- Government Waste: Logo Go Go – An excellent example of how governments, even small ones, piss away cash.
- Name Dropping – The stadium curse explained (and this was before the FTX blowup!)
- PREMIUM: Distinguished Lineage – An extensive explanation as to why stocks were about to, and I quote, “plunge straight to hell” (which they did!)
- Language of the Left – A rant (of course) from me about how deadbeats renters are permitted, by law, to get away with it.
- Dialing Up the Censorship – Rachel Levine is a folk hero here on Slope. Read this to understand why. Attennnnnn-SHUN!
- 12 Angry Slopers– The classic movie Twelve Angry Men and the Slope of Hope. One and the same!
- First, Patience. Now, Faith. – Ruminations on how to think differently in a bear market.
- A Close Shave – We’re in an honest-to-God bear market now. Seriously.